[gptalk] Re: get-sdmgplink

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 09:56:28 -0800

I think I may know what's going on here. I suspect what is happening is that
the OU has a link that no longer has an underlying GPO. In the 1.2 version
of the cmdlets, we added the option to output a more friendly link object,
that, as you see below, resolves to GPO name. To do this, we actually have
to search for the GPO on each link that is returned. Right now the code does
not handle a link that has no underlying GPO so I am guessing that is what
you are hitting. One way around this in the short term is to use the -Native
parameter on the cmdlet, which goes back to returning the old 1.1 native
objects. That will help in the short term but we will look at adding some
code to these that prevent this error from terminating the listing.