[gptalk] event id 1054

  • From: "Omar Droubi" <omar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 17:43:11 -0800

Hello all,

I have got what should be a simple issue to resolve but I be brain dead
right now.

Brand new domain with 2 domain controllers- both Win2k3 Sp1 R2

On the domain controllers I keep getting event id 1054 (userenv) errors
when GPO is applied- every 5 minutes.

I ran through DCDiag and NetDiag but nothing comes up.

Any help in diagnosis or hints would be much appreciated.

This is the error:

Event Type:            Error

Event Source:         Userenv

Event Category:      None

Event ID: 1054

Date:                       2/1/2007

Time:                       5:14:26 PM

User:                       NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Computer:               BK-DC1

Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer
network. (An unexpected network error occurred. ). Group Policy
processing aborted.