[gptalk] Re: drive access

  • From: "Delaney, Doug" <doug.delaney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:23:10 -0400

you can take away the (advanced) List Folder / Read Data permission, but
ensure you leave on Traverse Folder / Execute File at the root of the
drive applied onto this folder only, the re-add List Folder / Read Data
permissions on the root of the drive, but apply it to subfolders and
files... if the users or applications need it.  Then users won't be able
to browse it, but I don't know of a way to hide it completely.  Note,
users will be able.  Be very careful using this kind of approach
(similar to last email)  you will need to ensure that all of permissions
currently existing are comprehended.  And TEST!!!

Doug Delaney
GM Desktop Engineering
Global Client Engineering GM
1075 W. Entrance Dr., MS 2B, Cube 2130
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Lab: 248-365-9187
Tel: 248-754-7917
Pg: 248-870-0306 pager
Mail: Doug.Delaney@xxxxxxx <mailto:Doug.Delaney@xxxxxxx>

Note: The information in this email is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited.