[gptalk] disable Integrated Windows Authentication in IE6 w/ GP

  • From: "Randy Benson" <randybenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 12:32:33 -0700

On a W2k3 domain controller I have a scheduled task that invokes a batch
file to zip an existing .bkf file and move it to off-server storage.
The task is set to run under my domain admin credentials, but fails to start
with no errors in the event log and "Could not start" in the Scheduled
Task's status line.
While googling on "integrated windows authentication" + scheduled, I hit on
a thread in microsoft.public.windows.server.security titled "Scheduled Tasks
- Strange Permissions Issue" that seems to have cured the problem by
disabling IWA in Internet Explorer(!) Options ->Advanced -> Enable IWA on
the DC.
However, I'm worried that this is not a good solution as Roger Abell pointed
out - that is, "the issue is still sitting there waiting to foul up an NTLM
based Windows integrated (re)login attempt";
My question is:
Is there something I can tweak in my DC GP to allow scheduled tasks to run
with IWA enabled?
Randy Benson
Los Angeles, CA USA