[gptalk] Re: corrupt gptteml.inf

  • From: jfvanmeter@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:21:15 +0000

thanks Darren,  no the gpo is old

the first time i tried to import the inf file, i got the error "access denied"
to the gpttmpl.inf file, I checked the acls and they were fine then I saw that
the read attribute was set. I cleared the box, and started the gp changes over
but when I got down to the place were I need to import the custom.inf file, i
got the error  "access denied" and the read attribute was set again.

most of the troubleshoot steps that I've checked, don't report anything...
repadmin /showreps is find... dcdiags and netdiags dont' show any thing.... the
event logs are clean... so i'm at a lost were to look.

If anyone has any idea were to look, please let me know.

thanks

take care and have fun --John

From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>