[gptalk] corrupt admin template in Default Domain Controller

  • From: "Piet Slaghekke" <pslaghekke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 17:11:34 -0400

I get the the following errors with my Default Domain Policy:
1. In the GPMC settings:
An error has occurred while collecting data for Administrative

The following errors were encountered:
The file
0-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\Machine\registry.pol" is not in a valid
format. The file might be corrupt. Use Group Policy Object Editor to
reconfigure the settings in this extension.
2. When I try to edit the default domain policy I get an error saying I
do not have the appropriate rights and "unspecified error"  I have been
able to edit with the same account in the past and have full rights to
the policy.
My goal is to be able to edit this policy  and fix it.