[gptalk] Re: clicking on links in outlook 2003

  • From: "Gray Troutman" <jgraytroutman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:03:46 -0700

Under Tools | Option -> Security, there's a setting for "Enable links in
e-mail messages".  Have you looked at that?

On 4/10/07, Aristotle Zoulas <zou@xxxxxx> wrote:

 I have users running XP SP2,
Outlook<http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Internet_Email/Q_22478726.html>2003.
 I use
group policy to control the users and desktops. I recently upgraded a
couple users to IE7 to test it in our environment. Once upgraded to IE7 the
users can no longer click links such as http://www.google.com in there
emails with out getting the following error:

The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer<http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Internet_Email/Q_22478726.html>.

I have not changed anything thing in any of my policies; however, if I
pull the user out of their respective OUs and move to an OU with no
policies applied to it the error goes away.

Does anyone know of a setting that would cause this behavior in either
Outlook or IE7 that can be changed to remedy this situation???

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

Aristotle