[gptalk] Re: change a service through group policy

  • From: Shane Williford <shane.williford@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:29:09 -0500

The only way I know how to do this is to remotely connect to this computer
through the Computer Management snap-in (Right-click My Computer -> Manage).
From the Action menu, select Connect to Another Computer. Browse to the
computer object you want and voila! You can then start/stop/modify services as
you need. Depending on the service 'attributes', as Darren mentioned you may
have to reboot the PC.

Shane M. Williford
Systems Administrator
MCSE, MCSA Sec, Sec+, Net+, A+