[gptalk] Re: always wait for network at computer startup or logon

  • From: "Smith, Brad " <Brad.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:59:40 +0100

Daniel,

We run 18,000 users and have just gone through a project to enable this.
We have also seen the gains you quoted, with little or no side effects.
I advise you to test against your environment fully (if you haven't
already) but suggest you won't hit many problems if your environment is
fairly generic MS.  In addition, it might be an idea to run Autoruns on
the machines that are reporting the slowest start times.  MS have just
released a new version, the link for it is below.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Hope this helps,

Brad