[gptalk] Re: adding shortcut to desktop

  • From: hans straat <hstraat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:36:39 +0000

well how the heck can i import it then in powerfuse :)

Subject: [gptalk] Re: adding shortcut to desktopDate: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:53:08
-0500From: Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Those are not actually policies, so there is no ADMX template for them. Vista
SP1 RSAT and Server 2008 GPMC consoles have the new GPP editing function
built-in, but those settings can be interpreted by any machine that has the
client side extensions installed (which exist for everything newer than Windows
2000). They are essentially just XML files that the GPP CSE reads so that it
knows what to do.

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Paul SnellSent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:02 AMTo:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: adding shortcut to desktop

OK, I look forward to being able to do that,  (we haven’t implemented any 2008
yet)

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of hans straatSent: 10 June 2008 11:58To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[gptalk] Re: adding shortcut to desktop

Paul, I am working on a Windows 2008 environment which has this option in it's
policies. I only want to know what admx template holds the settigns so i can
import them into powerfuse.windows server 2003 you had to use vbsripts yes.
regards,Hans

From: paullitsa@xxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: adding
shortcut to desktopDate: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:55:28 +0100

I had to write a VB script to do this, it’s only about 4 lines long.

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of hans straatSent: 10 June 2008 11:48To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[gptalk] adding shortcut to desktop

Hey all, i am currently configuring Res Powerfuse for a terminal server
environment and have the ability to import windows policies.Which admx template
contains the settings for adding shortcuts to desktop(s). I am looking all over
the place but can't find it? with kind regards,Hans Straatwww.datacrash.net

Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for
the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential, and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of
all or any portion of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your system.