[gptalk] Re: adding persistent route

  • From: "Jakob H. Heidelberg" <jakob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:17:04 +0100

Well, Ananth,

Actually I think the answer is pretty straight forward: Startup (and
Shutdown) scripts can be setup for Computer objects - for User objects you
can choose Login or Logoff scripts.

I'm not sure if a regular user is able to define a route (with ROUTE ADD) -
definitely not a persistent route? - but that can be tested by running the
script you have in regular user context. I (or better yet "we") might be
able to come up another solution for this (maybe by using GP Preference
which is soon to arrive) - but first let us know whether or not it's correct
what I think you are trying to do.

BTW - the security permissions (delegation) set on the "Internal Mail Server
Rout" GPO is set to apply to both "Authenticated Users" and "TAI2D\Harmony
Users" - I believe you might want to remove "Authenticated Users". But if
you are "hitting" an OU with only the right users, then you wouldn't need
the "Harmony Users" group anyway. Well, just a side note - only relevant if
you have to "hit" user objects.