[gptalk] Re: Wireless Policy

  • From: <tools@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 09:59:32 -0700

Ronald-

I've seen that error before and frankly I think what you're seeing is
expected behavior. If possible, I would remove the ProSet software from
those laptops that will be managed by GP. But keep in mind that wireless
policy in the pre-Vista world is pretty weak. That is, the settings you set
there are in many cases, "suggestions" and if, for example, another SSID
comes along the user can happily connect to it if they are not in range of
their preferred network.

Darren