[gptalk] Re: Windows Settings under Computer Settings not being included...

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 07:57:57 -0800

You've got a lot going on there Zach. A lot of problems. Did you set a bunch
of service permissions using security policy? IF so, you might have
inadvertantly locked things down too much. For example--did you stop the
TCP/IP NetBIOS helper service on the clients? If so, that service is
required for proper GP Processing. Without it, things just fail.

Date:           11/7/2006
Time:           10:22:11 AM
User:           NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
The Group Policy client-side extension Security failed to execute. Please
look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   SceCli
Event Category: None
Event ID:       1202
Date:           11/7/2006
Time:           10:22:11 AM
User:           N/A
Security policies were propagated with warning. 0x5 : Access is denied.
Please review the detailed log security\logs\winlogon.log under Windows root
to troubleshoot the application of security policy.

The only error in the winlogon.log is this:

        Configure TlntSvr.
Warning 5: Access is denied.
        Error opening TlntSvr.
Warning 5: Access is denied.
        Error opening TlntSvr.

Where is that information stored?  I assume that is telnet?

We are also seeing this error from time to time:

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID:       1058
Date:           11/7/2006
Time:           10:01:11 AM
User:           domain\user
Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO
CN={31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9},CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=domain.
The file must be present at the location
<\\domain_deleted\sysvol\domain_deleted\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00
C04FB984F9}\gpt.ini>. (The format of the specified network name is invalid.
). Group Policy processing aborted.

I don't know if this is related, but I thought I would include it:

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   EventSystem
Event Category: (52)
Event ID:       4356
Date:           11/7/2006
Time:           10:00:32 AM
User:           N/A
The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber
partition:{41E90F3E-56C1-4633-81C3-6E8BAC8BDD70}!new:{6295DF2D-35EE-11D1-870
7-00C04FD93327}.  CoGetObject returned HRESULT 8000401A.

Zach