[gptalk] Windows 2003 sp1

  • From: "Collingwood.Mary" <Mary.Collingwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 07:45:35 -0500

Thank you Greg,
I know that the settings don't reside in the ADMs but I had a bad
experience with a coworker who opened the GPMC on an XPsp1 machine after
I had updated all my settings with an XPsp2 GPMC machine.  While the
settings weren't changed, I could not get to some of them because the
ADMs were set back to pre sp2.  That is I could no longer access the IE
settings for the firewall.  Fortunately it was early into the sp2

From: "Delaney, Doug" <doug.delaney@xxxxxxx>
"There is also a setting to Always use local ADM files for the Group
Policy snap-in in Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates |
System | Group Policy that if not configured or disabled, always uses
the ADM from the GPO itself (the template it was created with, and or
updated (if the former setting was not enabled [earlier default

I am planning to use the setting you mentioned.

 Thanks for your help.

Mary Collingwood