[gptalk] Re: What would cause certain settings not to show for some users in A GPO

  • From: "Washington, Booker" <Booker.Washington@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 13:18:26 -0500

The Offline Files Tab is not even active in our environment(At least for
the majority of the computers I have come across), but I will check.

Here are my current settings

Administrative Templateshide <about:blank##>

Network/Offline Fileshide <about:blank##>

Policy

Setting

Action on server disconnect <javascript:void();>

Enabled

Specify how the system is to respond when a network server

becomes unavailable.

Action:

Work offline

Never go offline = Server's files are unavailable to local computer

Work offline = Server's files are available to local computer

Policy

Setting

Allow or Disallow use of the Offline Files feature <javascript:void();>

Enabled

When enabled, files from auto-cache shared folders are cached on

the local computer. Users can also select specific folders and

files to always be available when working offline.

Policy

Setting

Event logging level <javascript:void();>

Enabled

Enter [0-3]:

3

0 = Cache data corrupted

1 = Log 'server offline'

2 = Level 1 + log 'net stopped' and 'net started'

3 = Level 2 + log 'server available for reconnection'

Policy

Setting

Files not cached <javascript:void();>

Enabled

Files may be excluded from caching on auto-cache shared folders based

on their extension. Enter a list of extensions to be excluded.
Extensions

must be preceded by an asterisk and period. "e.g. *.dbf;*.ndx;*.lnk

Extensions:

*.dbf

Policy

Setting

Initial reminder balloon lifetime <javascript:void();>

Enabled

Sets the lifetime of the initial notification balloon displayed

when an Offline Files event occurs.

Seconds:

10

Policy

Setting

Prohibit user configuration of Offline Files <javascript:void();>

Enabled

Prevents users from changing any cache configuration settings.

Policy

Setting

Reminder balloon frequency <javascript:void();>

Enabled

Number of minutes between reminder balloons

Minutes:

45

Policy

Setting

Reminder balloon lifetime <javascript:void();>

Enabled

Sets the lifetime of the balloon displayed periodically reminding

users of the current condition of Offline Files.

Seconds:

10

Policy

Setting

Subfolders always available offline <javascript:void();>

Enabled

Ensures all subfolders are available offline when a folder is made

available for offline use.

System/Group Policyhide <about:blank##>

Policy

Setting

User Group Policy loopback processing mode <javascript:void();>

Enabled

Mode:

Replace

System/Logonhide <about:blank##>

Policy

Setting

Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon
<javascript:void();>

Enabled

Windows Settingshide <about:blank##>

Folder Redirectionhide <about:blank##>

Desktophide <about:blank##>

Setting: Basic (Redirect everyone's folder to the same location)hide
<about:blank##>

Optionshide <about:blank##>

Grant user exclusive rights to Desktop

Enabled

Move the contents of Desktop to the new location

Enabled

Policy Removal Behavior

Restore contents

My Documentshide <about:blank##>

Setting: Basic (Redirect everyone's folder to the same location)hide
<about:blank##>

Optionshide <about:blank##>

Grant user exclusive rights to My Documents

Enabled

Move the contents of My Documents to the new location

Enabled

Policy Removal Behavior

Restore contents