[gptalk] What would cause certain settings not to show for some users in A GPO

  • From: "Washington, Booker" <Booker.Washington@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 12:31:54 -0500

I have GPO setup with folder redirection and Offline Files.  In the
offline files section, on the file exclusion list, I just have *.dbf
files excluded.

When I run a GPO modeling wizard on some users, in the settings window,
the offline files part of the GPO does not show, but the Folder
Redirection settings do show.  (Note, all of these settings are in the
same GPO)

I am wondering if it could be a replication issue.  i.e, these people
were just put on the new policy.  I had them run gpupdate /force, to get
the folder redirection part to kick in, and the entire GPO is set to
wait for network at startup for Group Policy

Thanks