[gptalk] Re: Website

  • From: "Steve Rochford" <Steve.Rochford@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:44:05 +0100

Squid is free and I think will do what you want (as long as you can
configure users to get their web pages via a proxy rather than
directly). It's originally a Unix program but there is a Windows version
which is fairly easy to use. I put my notes on how I set it up at
http://techinfo.cnwl.ac.uk/Squid%20Proxy/ including details of where to
get the Windows version and how to set an ACL to block particular web

By default it does log all access but this can be turned off. It doesn't
log username unless you go through hoops (just requesting IP)