[gptalk] Re: WMI filter on registry keys

  • From: "Delaney, Doug" <doug.delaney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 01:05:09 -0400

Darren,

Wow, what a fast response.  I did find the .MOF method, and already
wrote that off, as I have to deploy something to be able to use it.  We
are currently writing a reg value and making the script immediately read
it and exit if complete, but the sheer volume of scripts is introducing
a 1-2 minute delay in boot up.  So, we are looking for a creative
solution that does not require a previous deployment to enable it.
Adding a filter (or otherwise changing an existing GPO), is a much
faster solution than deploying something (which may take months to reach
all clients due to facts of life like travel, vacation, VPN only
connections where GPO's do not apply, etc.).

Doug Delaney
EDS - Integration Engineering-GM
GM Desktop Engineering
1075 W. Entrance Dr., MS 2B, Cube 2130
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Lab: 248-365-9187
Tel: 248-754-7917
Pg: 248-870-0306 pager
Mail: Doug.Delaney@xxxxxxx <mailto:Doug.Delaney@xxxxxxx>
Note: The information in this email is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited.