[gptalk] Re: WMI and MORE errors on multiple systems

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 07:03:30 -0700

If a GPO is blocked by a block inheritance flag, then any policy on the
workstation that normally gets removed when the GPO no longer applies will
be removed. Examples include Admin. Templates and some security policy. If
you already reset workstation security to default then using block
inheritance will only help if you still have some Admin. Template policies
that may be causing the issue.

Date:  10/12/2007
Time:  8:49:43 AM
User:  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer:  my computer

session status. An attempt to connect to WMI failed. No more RSoP
logging will be done for this application of policy.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp> .

Error 2

 Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1085
Date:  10/12/2007
Time:  8:48:12 AM
User:  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: My computer

execute. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp> .

Warning 1

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: SceCli
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1202
Date:  10/12/2007
Time:  8:48:12 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: My Computer
extended error has occurred.

For best results in resolving this event, log on with a
non-administrative account and search http://support.microsoft.com
<http://support.microsoft.com>  for "Troubleshooting Event 1202's".

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp> .

Warning 2

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: EventSystem
Event Category: (52)
Event ID: 4356
Date:  10/12/2007
Time:  8:47:38 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: my computer

subscriber
partition:{41E90F3E-56C1-4633-81C3-6E8BAC8BDD70}!new:{6295DF2D-35EE-11D1
-8707-00C04FD93327}.  CoGetObject returned HRESULT 8000401A.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp> .

Security Logs

Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Object Access
Event ID: 560
Date:  10/12/2007
Time:  9:12:57 AM
User:  NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Computer: my computer
Object Open:
  Object Server: SC Manager
  Object Type: SERVICE OBJECT
  Object Name: winmgmt
  Handle ID: -
  Operation ID: {0,2815946}
  Process ID: 1928
  Image File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
  Primary User Name: my computer$
  Primary Domain: my domain

  Primary Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E7)
  Client User Name: NETWORK SERVICE