[gptalk] WMI Filter to check ssid

  • From: "Matthew J. Bilsky" <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:12:34 -0400

I am working on using wmi filters for some network intelligence features, and I
am running into a problem when determining the SSID of the wireless network
that a computer is connected to .  I  want to check if a computer is connected
to the bilsky wireless network.

This is the query I used:

root\WMI;SELECT * FROM MSNdis_80211_ServiceSetIdentifier WHERE Ndis80211SsId =

the problem is that I can't figure out the right way to enter my ssid for the
comparison.  Ndis... returns an ascii array, which is equivalent to the string

What would be the proper syntax?