[gptalk] Vista and environment variables

  • From: "Pickard, Steve" <steve.pickard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:09:51 +0100

Hi

I'm trying to download and install a corporate screensaver on our
machines - Win2k, XP and Vista.

The method I chose was to use a GPO to

a)      Use a batch file to copy the .scr to the %appdata% folder
(system32 was causing permission problems)

b)      Put %appdata%\screensavername.scr in the Screen Saver Executable
Name field under User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Control
Panel/Display

This seems to work OK for the XP machines, but Vista doesn't seem to
like the %appdata% variable in the GPO. If I put in the full pathname
its OK.

Any ideas gratefully received!

Thanks

Steve