[gptalk] Vista and Group Policies

  • From: "Alan & Margaret" <Syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:44:04 +1000

Ok.. I give up...

How do you manage Policies in Vista?

I have a RC1 Build 5600 machine sthat I have (eventually) added to my 2003
Domain Controller.

Some of the Forums suggested that GPMC and the Admin Pak was part of Vista. No
such luck. So I installed the 2003 ADMINPAK. That installed and gave me Active
Directory etc, but no GPMC. Tried installing the GPMC.MSI  but that just
complained that I didn't have DotNet 1 installed. So I tried  installing DotNet
1 and it complained that I already had DotNet 2 installed....

Can anyone explain how this is supposed to work? I did find one post that
suggested Microsoft was going to start working on GPMC after RC1....

Have spent several hours on varios forums but can't find a thing.

Alan C