[gptalk] Re: Vista Start Menu - Printer Option

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:09:13 -0800

Interesting. Despite the Explain text on the policy, it does not appear to
work as expected. Same on my system here. Are you saying that if you are
logged on as an admin, that the policy does work and adds the Printers menu
option? I don't see that in my test. I couldn't get it to work in any case.
Some shell policies do require a logoff/logon to take effect so that might
be worth testing, but not sure here.

In the absence of this working, perhaps a Regmon trace would show up the
policy value that is ticked when this configuration item applies. I ran a
trace using my GP Spy and I saw no I/O looking for a particular relevant
policy path.

Darren