[gptalk] Re: Vista RC's and Betas used in GP test won't upgrade to Enterprise VLK

  • From: Thorbjörn Sjövold <thorbjorn.sjovold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:54:30 +0100

Mark,

not all Vista builds RC/Beta support upgrade to the RTM version, but can't the
problem here be that you are trying to downgrade from Windows Vista Ultimate
edition to the Vista Enterprise edition, not moving from RC/Beta to RTM? I
believe that it is valid to upgrade from Enterprise to Ultimate but not the
other way around, regardless of problems with different builds etc. I actually
think that you can "upgrade" most Vista editions to Ultimate, if you have
Ultimate licenses of course :)

Regards,
Thorbjörn Sjövold
Special Operations Software
www.specopssoft.com <http://www.specopssoft.com/>
thorbjorn.sjovold a t specopssoft.com

Download our free tool for remote Gpupdate with graphical reporting,
http://www.specopssoft.com/products/specopsgpupdate/