[gptalk] Vista Power Management

  • From: "James F. Prudente" <jprudente@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:35:20 -0500

Hi All,

Currently, I'm using a GPO to set our Vista machines to the "High
Performance" power setting. This is fine most of the time, but if
someone is using a PC for a presentation, the display powers down after
20 minutes. Since this is set via group policy, the 20 minute setting is
not adjustable on the PC itself, even by an admin. And even using
presentation mode seems to have the same problem, since the option to
turn off the screen saver is grayed out.

Is there some way I can either adjust the default "High Performance"
monitor timeout via GPO or create a custom power management setting that
would be available on all Vista PCs?

Thanks for any help,