[gptalk] Re: Vista Central Store permissions

  • From: "Jason B. Halladay" <jason@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:58:43 -0600

As a follow-up to this, modifying the permissions on the PolicyDefinitions folder in sysvol to give Group Policy Creator Owners read/exec access to the directory (removed "write") works well and achieves the results we're after. Thanks for the input!

Jason

Jason B. Halladay wrote, on 7/6/2007 9:42 AM:
Darren,
Thanks for your input. I'll be trying this approach out in our development environment here shortly. If I run into "oddness" I'll reply again to this list.
Take care,
Jason

Darren Mar-Elia wrote, on 7/6/2007 8:25 AM:
Jason-
I think this is a reasonable approach. I haven't yet done any testing with what happens if certain user groups can't read the Central Store when they
fire up GP Editor or GPMC, but it sounds like you will have the bases
covered with your environment so I can't see this as an issue.