[gptalk] Vista Central Store Creator Utility

  • From: "Jason B. Halladay" <jason@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:28:26 -0700

Hello Darren,
I just recently discovered the Vista Central Store Creator Utility by gpoguy and appreciate the GUI interface to creating the new CS. My question is, does this utility recognize if the sysvol directory has been relocated to a different partition on the DCs? In my limited testing thus far, it doesn't appear to. I've only run it in our development AD domain where we have used the MS procedure detailed at *http://tinyurl.com/27wa6f *to relocate the sysvol folder to a different partition. When I ran the Central Store Creator, it created a new sysvol directory structure (including the policydefinitions folder, of course) on the C: partition of the PDC emulator. This didn't seem to cause any problems but it's not in our correct sysvol folder on a different partition. Jason