[gptalk] Using Group Policy to change local admin password

  • From: "Jason Williams" <jason.williams14@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 14:40:44 -0800

Hello everyone.
Just have a couple of questions about using GP to change a local admin
account on couple thousand PC's.

I've searched through the archives here to find some information. From what
i've found, would be better to use this as a 'startup script' under computer
configuration, as opposed to a 'logon script' under user configuration? That
correct?

Also, I am not the best scripter (but I am learning) so I was looking for
solutions available.

I did find this script:

http://www.gpanswers.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=768&sid=a2d4614336e8d74e4caad9d5ed489970

Would this be sufficient for what I am trying to do? Should I be looking for
something else? What about error checking, making sure the correct accounts
password is changed?

Appreciate the help.

Jason