[gptalk] Re: Using GP to block certain websites

  • From: "Michael Pietrzak" <mpietrzak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:54:39 -0700

Sure, it's possible. I am using an IPSec trick to disallow web browsing
for some of our kiosk and clinic machines. You can use the steps in the
following articles to either block all web traffic and allow only
certain ones, or simply block certain websites and allow all other
traffic. Works great for blocking myspace and facebook J

Here are the links to the steps on how to make it possible. Shoot me an
email if you have any problems. It's not hard at all. Be warned though,
this is not a firefox specific fix, it will block surfing to those
websites in both IE and Firefox.

http://www.petri.co.il/block_internet_but_allow_intranet_with_ipsec.htm

http://www.petri.co.il/block_web_browsing_with_ipsec.htm

This should get you going in the right direction. Good luck!

Michael P.

SDSU