[gptalk] Re: User roaming

  • From: "Alan & Margaret" <syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 07:49:56 +1100

Hi Joakim,

I would agree with Darren.  activate detailed logging and check the UserEnv
log.

If I understand you correctly and the machines are outside the "corporate
Network" the computer will not be able to locate the .cmd script, therefore
changes to that will make no difference.

Similarly it won't be able to locate the GPO's that exist within the
corporate network.

To activate logging, refer to
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/library/0907105e-7856-4c93-b9
7f-a9a306623af51033.mspx?mfr=true

You need to set:-

            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

UserEnvDebugLevel = REG_DWORD 30002 (Hex)

You should see a couple of entries in the log where it tries to locate the
domain, gives up and uses local policies.

You can download and use my Policy Log Reporter program. It will assist in
activating verbose logging and will help in interpreting the log.

Can you confirm the long time is from bootup until the logon screen
displays, rather than from when the user enters their password and can then
do some work

Alan Cuthbertson

 Policy Management Software:-

http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir