[gptalk] User roaming

  • From: "joakim dahl" <joakim.dahl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:30:32 +0100

When the users a outside the "corporate network" the startup of the computer
seems kinda sluggish, probably their computer are trying to run the Computer
Startup scrips that I run of a servershare located on the corporate network,
when they are outside the "corpnet" the computers takes very long to start.

Is there a way to take "inhouse" or home into affect when creating GPOs ?
Is there a way to make computers boot up quicker outside the network ?
Could I make a check in the .cmd scripts ?

The affected computers totals 350, but only 30-40 roaming computers.

The startup scrips are only small .cmd scripts that checks for different
things like IF not exist antivirus then install it and other similar ones.

Best regards Joakim Dahl
http://wize.spaces.msn.com
msn joakim.dahl@xxxxxxxxx / icq 1596678