[gptalk] Re: User policy on a VMWare instance

  • From: "Alan & Margaret" <syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:28:51 +1000

Hi Mary,

Assuming you are using then same Userid on your physical and virtual
machine, and policy processing is working, the only way you can get
different user settings is if you have activated Loopback processing with a
value of replace. In this case, the user will get the settings that would
apply if they were a member of the machines OU.

If this is not the case, I would check the event log to see if there are any
errors, otherwise, activate logging (refer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221833  ) and get a detailed UserEnv log to
get a full report. If you need a hand interpreting the log, post it and we
can check it out.

Alan Cuthbertson

 Policy Management Software (Now with ADMX and Preference support):-

http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir
<http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir&f=pol_summary.shtml>
&f=pol_summary.shtml

ADM Template Editor(Now with ADMX support):-

http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir
<http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir&f=adm_summary.shtml>
&f=adm_summary.shtml

Policy Log Reporter(Free)