[gptalk] User policy on a VMWare instance

  • From: "Winter.Mary" <Mary.Winter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:33:34 -0500

Hello List,
I have a developers group running a VMWare instance with the free
version of VMPlayer.  It is Xpsp2 with Visual Studio 2008 installed.
They are joined to the domain and in an OU created for them.  I created
and linked some computer policies and need the user policies from the
main corporate users OU to apply.  When my tester does a gpresult inside
the instance I can see that none of the corporate users' policies get
applied.  They aren't even listed under "The following GPOs were not
applied because they were filtered out".  However, when he does a
gpresult on the PC that is hosting the instance they are applied
successfully.  There are no special user settings for these people
logging into these instances.  All user GPOs that apply to the regular
workstation should also apply to the users logging into the instances.
I can't see what I am missing.  Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Mary Collingwood Winter
We Energies - IT Services
Client Device Integration