[gptalk] Re: User Righrs

  • From: "mike kline" <mkline@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:11:05 -0400

Are the drives hidden from view or are the students restricted from using
any USB drives?

I've hidden drives using the method outlined here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231289

You may want to check if there are any GPO's that he created using that
method; and you can unhide the drives if he did that.

He may have also used a method similar to this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555324

Those are not the only ways to restrict drives but I hope that helps.

Thanks
Mike

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Hurney, Jack <jack.hurney@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I've got an easy one (I think).  One facility I support has student
> desktops locked down extremely right.  The Instructor needs the students to
> be able to save docs to a flash drive – by navigating to it,  and one app
> they use looks for the A drive to save work to.  The previous admin locked
> these features down.  Can anyone give me an idea of where those settings
> reside in GPMC?  I know I can dig them out but the wheel is getting
> squeakier as we speak.
>

> Thanks!

GIF image

GIF image