[gptalk] Re: User GPO is changing the registry, but setting is not applied

  • From: "Alan & Margaret" <syspro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:22:38 +1000

Hi Chris,

It sounds to me like the problem is with Outlook rather than Group Policy.
If Group Policy is successfully getting the registry key in place you can't
really expect it to do anything more....

The only things I can think of is perhaps the key is not in place at the
time that Outlook start, which seems unlikely. Alternatively, is it possible
that Outlook is giving preference to another key? Perhaps there is a machine
based key which takes precedence, or a Policy based key in the machine or
user registry?

If you remove the key from your machine, does it revert to its "normal
process"? If you get group Policy to reapply the key on your machine, does
it work correctly?

Alan Cuthbertson

 Policy Management Software:-

http://www.sysprosoft.com/index.php?ref=activedir