[gptalk] Unable to RDP to DC's

  • From: "Jason Williams" <jasonwilliams74@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:51:39 -0700

Hello everyone.
Have a great thing happening this morning that I am still trying to track
down the cause of.

I came in this morning and a collegue told me he is unable to RDP to any of
our DC's in our company. I confirmed this and receive the following message
when trying to do so:
Funny thing is, this was working recently so I need to find out what
changed.

"To log on to this remote compuer, you must be granted the Allow log on
Through Terminal Services right. By default, members of the Remote Desktop
users group have this right. If youa re not a member of the RDP Group or
another group that has this right, or if the RDP group does have this right,
you must be granted this right manually."

I am part of the RDP group.
I do have a Group policy that does allow RDP to the machine as well as
"Allow log on through Terminal Services" (with the RDP Group defined.)

Now, the real kicker is I can not even log on locally to the DC. I get a
message saying that my policy does not allow this.

SO its a great Thursday morning already. Just thought i'd ask for
suggestions here.

I can log into my Exchange and SQL servers no problem. So I figure it is
something with GP on the DC OU.

Any suggestions?

I appreciat it.

Jas