[gptalk] Re: USB storage block problem.

  • From: Linux'o Mania <linuxomania@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:35:47 +0100 (BST)

Yes,
  Coz if you run it from User's context, it won't run as the user doesn't have
direct access to modify HKLM\System as mentioned by Darren also.
  Run it from & only from Computer Configuration startup script...

  Regds,
  LP

Ananth Rajagopal <ananth.rg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  So I should run from Computer Configuration, instead of user configuration?

  On 4/19/07, Darren Mar-Elia <darren@xxxxxxxxxx > wrote:        I suspect the
problem is that you are trying to modify an HKLM reg key in the user's security
context and they don't have permissions to do that. That is why a startup
script was suggested?because that runs in the LocalSystem security context.

  Darren