[gptalk] Re: USB storage block problem.

  • From: "Ananth Rajagopal" <ananth.rg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 13:19:06 +0530

Can you explain a bit more detailed, we already have a bat file running as
logon script, where do I putt his script, run from the bat file or
separately at Computer Startup event? if so can u guide me step by step.

thanks for the reply!
regards
Anth.

On 4/18/07, Linux'o Mania <linuxomania@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Use this script in GPO's Computer Startup event....

Dim WshShell,Retvalue
Set WshShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
WshShell.RegWrite"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USBSTOR\Start",4,"REG_DWORD"
Retvalue = WshShell.run ("%comspec% /c  %logonserver%\netlogon\xcacls
%windir%\inf\usbstor.inf /D everyone /T /Y",0,False)
Retvalue = WshShell.run ("%comspec% /c  %logonserver%\netlogon\xcacls
%windir%\inf\usbstor.pnf /D everyone /T /Y",0,False)
Set WshShell = Nothing
Wscript.Quit

**
*Ananth Rajagopal <ananth.rg@xxxxxxxxx>* wrote:

Hi all,

We have this script running in our Windows 2003 domain.

@echo off

:: *********DISABLE USB MASS STORAGE DEVICE********

regedit /s "\\Tai3dserver\SYSVOL\tai3d .com\scripts\disable.reg"

"\\Tai3dserver\SYSVOL\tai3d.com\scripts **\subinacl.exe" /keyreg
\system\currentcontrolset\services\usbstor /deny=system

the subinacl.exe deployment was advised by Mr. Ray Lewis, basically what
the script does is, it modifies a registry value such that usb removable
storage devices are not read by the system, but new usb storage devices are
getting accessed, how do i block the modification of this registry value?
Kindly suggest methods, I'm a novice in this...

best regards
Ananth.

Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up
for your free account
today<http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html>
.