[gptalk] USB DRIVE Problems winxp boot-->GPO settings?

  • From: "Piet Slaghekke" <pslaghekke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:12:01 -0400

The strangest thing  is happening:

My windows machine will only boot with a USB drive in the USB port.

It will boot in safe mode with or without the USB drive.

checked bios settings,   set to boot only to the SATA HD and shut off booting
from USB.

This is what happens if I boot without USB drive:   first the windows xp screen
comes up, then after a few seconds it will go to a black screen and do nothing.

Put the USB drive in reboot and it boots with no problems.

The only changes I have made are to the GPO settings.   could something in the
GPO settings be causing this?