[gptalk] Re: Trusted sites addition not showing in IE

  • From: "Clemson, Chris \(IHG\)" <Chris.Clemson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:50:33 -0000

Thanks for the quick reply,

> Is it possibly already defined for the computer in the corresponding
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE area of the registry?

Yes, it is defined there, yet it seems to be defined in both places on
my machine, and everything is working fine.

> If you're configuring Zone settings in Computer Configuration
> there may

Not as far as I can tell via GPO, but maybe I am missing something.

> be some conflict there. Since you're using the ADM template
> settings to
> configure your zones, I would also make sure that IE
> Maintenance Policy
> is not applying.

What exactly do you mean by maintenance policy?
When browsing the settings of my policy, my changes are listed under

Windows Settings
 Internet Explorer Maintenance
  Security/Security Zones and Content Ratings
   Security Zones and Privacy
    Trusted Sites

Is this what you mean?