[gptalk] Trusted sites addition not showing in IE

  • From: "Clemson, Chris \(IHG\)" <Chris.Clemson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:27:15 -0000

I have made a GPO using the standard IE inetres.adm, adding a site to
the Trusted Sites list.
On most machines, this has been working fine, but I was just applying it
to another test user, and I couldn't see it in the list.
When I tried adding it manually, i got a dialog box that complained:

"The site you specified already exists in another zone. Please remove
the site from that zone before adding it to the current zone."

In the users registry
(HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\ZoneMap\Domains) it lists the domain that has applied from my
GPO, but it doesn't behave like a trusted site.
The user has IE6 SP2 installed.

Can anyone think why this isn't working?
Thank you,

Chris