[gptalk] Trusted sites addition not showing in IE

  • From: "Clemson, Chris \(IHG\)" <Chris.Clemson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:27:15 -0000

I have made a GPO using the standard IE inetres.adm, adding a site to
the Trusted Sites list.
On most machines, this has been working fine, but I was just applying it
to another test user, and I couldn't see it in the list.
When I tried adding it manually, i got a dialog box that complained:

"The site you specified already exists in another zone. Please remove
the site from that zone before adding it to the current zone."

In the users registry
Settings\ZoneMap\Domains) it lists the domain that has applied from my
GPO, but it doesn't behave like a trusted site.
The user has IE6 SP2 installed.

Can anyone think why this isn't working?
Thank you,