[gptalk] Re: Tool for tailoring GPO Settings

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 20:50:24 -0800

Inba-

You're absolutely right about the GPO Compare thing and I'm guilty as
charged on that one. I usually don't send those kinds of emails to this list
but as the topic of GPO comparison had come up on the list before, I ended
up sending it-and I broke my own rules, for which I'm sorry! The fundamental
goal of this list is to answer technical questions about GP and, if 3rd
party products come up as a function of a question, then that is perfectly
reasonable to mention and happens on a semi-regular basis from me and other
contributors. Fundamentally I want to avoid vendors spamming the list with
no other purpose than to push their products and not adding anything to the
conversation. So, now that you got a product pitch in, make sure you
continue to participate on the list by answering (or asking) GP questions!

Thanks,

Darren

From: Darren Mar-Elia <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, January 5, 2009, 10:40 PM

Thanks Inba. Generally we try to avoid posts to the list that are merely
advertisements for products so please refrain from this in the future.  I
actually tried this tool because I was curious about it and it crashed hard
before I could do anything useful in it. I?m happy to provide feedback off
list if it would help.

Darren