[gptalk] Terminal services logon

  • From: Neil Berry <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:39:54 +0100

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has encountered the following problem and could give me a clue on the following.

I have a GPO which is preventing users using TS/RDP to access servers remotely.

They receive the error message "The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this machine". The users are in the same domain and have the "Allow Logon through terminal services" right through a domain group. The policy is definately GPO related as it works if I remove GPO or put the users into the local administrators group. There are lots of security restrictions in the GPO but nothing that should obviously cause this - I have Authenticated users and users in 'access this computer from the network".

If anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated.

Great group btw - I have learnt loads and always read :)