[gptalk] Terminal Server Group Policy

  • From: "Justin Salandra" <jsalandra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:10:44 -0400

I have a terminal server setup with a group policy being applied,
however even though all permissions are correct and the user account and
computer account both have access to  read and apply the policy, you are
unable to login as the user and the computer itself reports that
Security Filtering is denying the policy.

We are using restricted groups in the group policy and a new group
created within AD was added as a member of that group so the end user
has the rights to login, but because the policy is not applying, it is
not working.

There are no errors in the System or Application log, all seems to be
working, any ideas?

Justin A. Salandra

Director of Technology

Citadel Perimeter