[gptalk] Terminal Server GPO

  • From: "Difarnecio, Gino (Citco)" <GDifarnecio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:12:13 +0100

I have created a restricted Terminal Server user environment using group
policies. I have configured the setting to hide the A,C,and D drives.
This setting is effective when a user opens explorer. However, I am
unable to prevent the user from right clicking on the start menu and
using that context menu to open explorer. When this is done, the local
drives are visible to the end user. I have enabled the setting that
prevents the context menu on the Taskbar, but this does not block the
context menu on the Start menu.

Any thoughts on how I might be able to remedy this problem?