[gptalk] Stumped on this exam question.

  • From: Alan Johnston <rollafo2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 06:19:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all, I wonder if you could answer this exam question for me with a slight
description of why the answers are right>?

  You administer a Win2000 domain. Members of the sales department belong to
your domain, & they have been assigned XP pro computers. Because they travel
frequently, members of this department have also been assigned XP Pro laptop
computers.

  Employees in the sales department routinely save large amounts of data to
their My Documents folders. A new company policy dictates that you must save
all users My Documents folders to a network server.  From their laptop
computers, the sales representatives want to have access to the data that they
saved in their My Documents folders. You decide to redirect all users My
Documents folders to a file server & to make them available offline. You create
a share on a file server & allow caching.

  What other actions should you perform? (choose all that apply)

  1 Configure My Documents folder redirection on each computer.
  2 Configure My Documents folder redirection in a LPGO on each computer.
  3 Configure My Documents folder redirection in a GPO linked to an OU
  4 Enable offline files on each computer
  5 Enable offline files through a LPGO on each computer
  6 Enable offline files through a GPO linked to an OU
  7 Configure My Documents to be available offline in Windows Explorer on each
computer
  8 Configure My Documents to be available offline in an LPGO on each computer
  9 Configure My Documents to be available offline in a GPO linked to an OU

  Ive been wrong everytime Im hit with this question & just cant seem to get my
head round it. To me the question implies that My Document folders are already
redirected to a file server, & available offline, so answers 1, 3, 4, 6 & 7 do
not apply, & since the network is a domain, only GPOs should be used, so
answers 2, 5 & 8 do not apply.

  Where am I going wrong?

  Thanks in advance.
  Alan.