[gptalk] Strange results

  • From: "Bean, Scott" <beans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:52:08 -0400

So I have a site that some of the policy just stopped working.  For
instance, the IE icon should not be seen on the desktop.  But yet I am
seeing the icon.  This just started happening about a week ago (of
course I just got told today).    I am using desktop and start menu
redirection.  When it was working the only thing users would see when
they hit the start button was programs and logoff.  Now they see
everything like a normal user would running xp. Ie - documents, help and
support, run, etc.

Hide Internet Explorer icon on desktop Software \Microsoft \Windows
\CurrentVersion \Policies \Explorer\NoInternetIcon 1

That is what is being applied according to the results from help and
support.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.