[gptalk] Re: Start-up Scripting

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:07:10 -0800

There’s a couple ways to skin this. Keep in mind that startup scripts don’t
run unless the machine is rebooted (so, they don’t run in the background).

You can enable startup scripts on the local GPO in a couple of ways—some
free and some not so free. The free way is to create the startup script the
way you want it on a model machine, and then copy the underlying files that
are in c:\windows\system32\grouppolicy from that model machines to all of
your standalone machines. The other way is to use a product like SDM
Software’s  GPExpert Scripting Toolkit or Full Armor’s GPAnywhere. Both
products let you modify the local GPO in bulk—they just do it differently.

Darren