[gptalk] Re: Solution: USB DRIVE Problems winxp boot-->GPO settings?

  • From: "Piet Slaghekke" <pslaghekke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 12:42:53 -0400

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the pointers.

I did fixboot and fixmbr  this did not help!

the boot.ini file is not on the usb drive.

Also the line disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP
Professional""  is in the c drive boot.ini file.

I think I am just going to reinstal  a new system.  this is driving me
crazy.

any other ideas woudl greatly help...  but after lunch I going to
reinstall a system.