[gptalk] Software installation Issue

  • From: "Salandra, Justin A." <jasalandra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ActiveDir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:42:10 -0400

I have a machine that is receiving the event ID's below and are not
installing Office 2003 no matter what we try.  It says that the
installation source is not available but it is available and over 150
other computers can reach it with no problems.  Security is correct and
has not changed in over a year.

Event IDs

Event Type:      Error

Event Source:   Application Management

Event Category:            None

Event ID:          108

Date:                3/22/2007

Time:                10:52:37 AM

User:                NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Computer:         CHCSWS50

Failed to apply changes to software installation settings.  Software
changes could not be applied.  A previous log entry with details should
exist.  The error was : The installation source for this product is not
available.  Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

Event Type:      Error

Event Source:   Application Management

Event Category:            None

Event ID:          102

Date:                3/22/2007

Time:                10:52:36 AM

User:                NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Computer:         CHCSWS50

The install of application Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
from policy CHCS Office 2003 Pro Ent Install Policy (TCCHCC SDP) failed.
The error was : The installation source for this product is not
available.  Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.

Justin A. Salandra

MCSE Windows 2000 & 2003

Network and Technology Services Manager

Catholic Healthcare System